1.0 FTE Middle School Math Teacher
1.0 FTE MIDDLE SCHOOL MATH TEACHER
2022-2023 Academic Year
The Greenspire School offers a unique educational program for middle school students based on purposeful connections between individuals, communities, and the environment. Under the direction of the Head of School, the Math Teacher will plan and deliver course instruction for middle school students. Additionally, the Math Teacher will collaborate with other instructors to design project-based learning units that connect to multiple disciplines and/or real-world issues.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Aligns curriculum and instruction with the philosophy of the school and the current Michigan standards.
- Creates a student-centered, cross-curricular, project-based learning environment.
- Translates lesson plans into learning experiences to best utilize the available time for instruction.
- Develops lesson plans and instruction to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student.
- Uses information technology to enhance learning and to enhance personal and professional productivity.
- Communicates with parents through conferences and other means to discuss student’s progress.
- Supervises students in out-of-classroom activities during the assigned working day, including a small-group advisory or club.
- Participate in school development and curriculum activities.
- Participates in student supervision as assigned.
Bachelors degree or higher in Education
Valid Michigan Teaching Certificate (Elementary or Secondary) with EX endorsement
Valid state licensing to meet Highly Qualified requirement
Experience with Project-Based Learning (PBL) and/or outdoor learning
Additional endorsement in another subject
Location: The Greenspire School (Middle School)
Salary: $40,674 - $46,581
Start Date: August 16, 2022
Please include a cover letter, resume, certificate and list of professional references in PDF format
The deadline to apply is Friday, August 5th, 2022 at 4:00 pm